Friday, September 2, 2011

What do Tevye (Fiddler on the Roof) and I have in common?  Our lives are serenaded by violin music.  Hailey loves her newly acquired violin for her orchestra class at school.  Once homework is done it comes out and she (standing right next to me) plays it while I'm playing scrabble with Nate , while I'm making dinner (standing by the breakfast bar), she (in her room with the door open) plays it while I'm trying to relax for the evening in the living room with the TV.  The  violin comes out, even if she only has 5 minutes of free time, like this morning before she had to run out the door for school.   It isn't horrible or squeaky but it isn't a song either.  While my blood pressure was increasing I wondered how to survive this wonderful new development in our family.  That's when an image of the fiddler on the roof popped into my head.  If my life were set to music this would certainly be appropriate,  and as Hailey learns to play it will only get prettier over time.  So when the violin comes out I will think of Tevye and just enjoy it. 

1 comment:

Tamie said...

that is AWESOME that Hailey's learning the play the violin....i hope she keeps at it --- that is a wonderful talent to have!