Monday, June 27, 2011


This year Hailey celebrated her 11th birthday.  Normally I enjoy my children's birthdays but this year has been different.  Nate turned 7 and with Hailey being 11 they are the same ages as some of Eric's children when we married.  Now Eric's children are all adults, it went so fast.  I keep thinking the time will go  quickly once again and it will be my own children who will be attending college, serving missions, and leaving home.  Then I wonder if I am preparing them well enough for that time?    Hailey is confident and ready to be a little more independant.   I have to keep reminding myself to make decisions that  will help prepare her to be a capable, smart, adult on her own someday.   I am proud of the person she is and the decisions she makes daily. 



2 comments:

Lulu said...

WOW! Happy birthday Hailey, I can't believe your eleven.

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Hailey!